We’re big fans of donor-advised funds because they offer donors an easy and effective charitable experience.
Donor-advised funds give you a great tool that lets you focus on the joys of charitable giving.
5 Easy and Effective Contributions to Your Charity Experience
Here are five benefits donor-advised funds bring to your charitable experience.
1. Charity Choice – You have a lot of options. Donor-advised funds let you donate to 501(c)3 public charities – giving you over 1 million choices, including most well-known (and many lesser-known) nonprofit organizations.
2. Less Tax Paperwork – Don’t like paperwork? No problem! Donor-advised fund sponsors handle almost everything. You just keep receipts from your tax deductible contributions to your fund for your personal tax filings.
3. Tax Benefits – Ready for a less taxing experience? You can save more, give easier and give better with these donor-advised fund tax advantages.
4. Set-Up Speed – It’s fast! Fill out the application and send it in with your contribution. It’s really that simple. Your donor-advised fund sponsor will process your application and you’ll be ready to start engaging in smarter philanthropy.
5. Low Cost – Donor-advised funds don’t cost much at all. Compared to many other advanced charitable giving vehicles – such as foundations and trusts – donor-advised funds offer tremendous value. With only modest administrative and investment fees you avoid legal and accounting fees that other vehicles require. This means more of your money goes where you want it to go – to charity.
Great Charitable Opportunity for Donors
Donor-advised funds offer donors an opportunity to make their charitable giving better. The ease and efficiency of setting up a fund and using it provides you with a great charitable experience. Why wait? Start today!
Hiram Wurf is Charitable Catalyst, Managing Director of The Advise Us Fund®. The Advise Us Fund is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that offers a donor-centric approach to charitable giving. Hiram formerly served as Executive Director and Founder of the nonprofit 12 State, Inc. and as Marketing Communications Manager for Cool Choices, Inc. He has more than 16 years experience in nonprofit development, marketing and communications including nine years administering grants at a family foundation.
The information in this blog post is general and educational. It is not intended nor should it be construed as legal, tax, investing or financial advice. Individuals should consult with their own advisor about charitable giving arrangements The Advise Us Fund® may describe.